Soubeyras quickest for day two in Belfast!
PR- Cedric Soubeyras blasted his Suzuki back to the front of the Pro pack in this morning’s qualifying session for the fifth round of the 2018 Power Maxed Arenacross Tour.
His average time of 21.381 put him nanoseconds ahead of French compatriot, Thomas Ramette, also Suzuki-mounted, with Aussie highflier Dan Reardon in third. Ramette’s team-mate Cyrille Coulon secured fourth, giving the SR75 World Suzuki team a strong starting position for its 42nd Arenacross outing. Adam Chatfield, Team Green Holeshot Kawasaki, was the top-placed Brit in 11th with a time of 22.081.
The AX team worked through the night to ring the changes by redesigning and rebuilding the Belfast arena track. With a change of direction and new layout, the general consensus from the riders is that it’ll make for faster and closer racing which, considering the fast-paced excitement of last night’s event, will be good news for tonight’s AX audience.
1. Cedric Soubeyras, France, Team FRO Systems, 21.381
2. Thomas Ramette, France, SR75 World Suzuki, 21.421
3. Dan Reardon, Australia, I-Fly JK Yamaha, 21.530
4. Cyrille Coulon, France, SR75 World Suzuki, 21.699
5. Adrien Escoffier, France, MVR-D St Blazey Husqvarna, 21.771
6. Fabien Izoird, France, Buildbase Honda, 21.804
7. Hugo Basaula, Portugal, Shocktech Kawasaki, 21.879
8. Charles Lefrancois, France, Buildbase Honda, 21.919
9. Evgeny Bobryshev, Russia, RFX Suzuki, 21.938
10. Julien Lebeau, France, I-Fly JK Yamaha, 22.053
The fifth round of the 2018 Power Maxed Arenacross Tour returns to The SSE Arena, Belfast on Saturday the 27th of January. Tickets are available from the Arena website www.ssearenabelfast.com or by calling 02890 739074. They’ll also be on the door right up until 7.15pm. Prices start from £17.
For Tour information visit www.arenacrossuk.com
Words and pic: AX UK