Results: EMX125 British GP – Everts wins!
A silky smooth Liam Everts took a double victory at Matterley Basin to start his EMX125 season off in style! After dominating race one in the mud yesterday, Everts had to work harder in race two on a drier track today but the outcome was the same.
Liam holeshot race two only for Kevin Brumann, second place in race one, to pass him and pull out a three second lead making it a one on one battle for the overall. Everts managed up his game and found more pace and make the move around the outside on the same corner his father passed James Stewart at the Nations – it really is Everts’ corner!
Liam opened up a ten second lead with Brumann settling for second butnit was an impressive display from the Swede. Frenchman Moto took third overall.
Everts said: “I wasn’t expecting it when I came here, I’m really happy. The second moto was really tough on me but I managed to pass him and win the overall. It’s been a really long year for my dad as well, this one’s for him.”
EMX125 – Overall Classification
1. Liam Everts (BEL, KTM), 50 points;
2. Kevin Brumann (SUI, YAM), 44 p.;
3. Florian Miot (FRA, KTM), 35 p.;
4. Haakon Osterhagen (NOR, KTM), 32 p.;
5. Meico Vettik (EST, KTM), 31 p.;
6. Maxime Grau (FRA, KTM), 26 p.;
7. Eddie Jay Wade (GBR, KTM), 25 p.;
8. Rasmus Pedersen (DEN, KTM), 21 p.;
9. Cato Nickel (GER, KTM), 18 p.;
10. Andrea Bonacorsi (ITA, KTM), 16 p.;
11. Saad Soulimani (FRA, HUS), 15 p.;
12. Guillem Farres (ESP, GAS), 14 p.;
13. Andrea Roncoli (ITA, HUS), 12 p.;
14. Joel Rizzi (GBR, HUS), 12 p.;
15. Pietro Razzini (ITA, HUS), 11 p.;
16. Max Vohland (USA, KTM), 11 p.;
17. Kjell Verbruggen (NED, KTM), 10 p.;
18. Mairis Pumpurs (LAT, YAM), 10 p.;
19. David Braceras (ESP, GAS), 8 p.;
20. Scott Smulders (NED, HUS), 8 p.;
Images Gino Maes