MXoEN: Race report & results!
After qualification it looked as though France had a good chance of winning the European Nations as they qualified first. However, the Italian riders raised the game on race day, when it mattered and won the event!
Ivo Monticelli was the main man for Italy in the EMX125/EMX250 class as he won both the motos after intense pressure from Alvin Ostlund. Filippo Zonta and Morgan Lesiardo both had good back up rides in the motos as Filippo finished fourth in the first moto and Morgan finished nineth in the second moto. France didn’t have as much joy as they did in qualification as Alexis Verhaeghe was the main man for them finishing seventh and fifth in the moto’s, no one else from France managed a top ten result in the EMX125/EMX250 class.
Moto 1 Moto 2
- Ivo Monticelli (ITA) 1. Ivo Monticelli (ITA)
- Alvin Ostlund (SWE) 2. Alvin Ostlund (SWE)
- Thomas Kjer Olsen (DEN) 3. Tomasz Wysocki (POL)
- Filippo Zonta (ITA) 4. Thomas Kjer Olsen (DEN)
- Tomasz Wysocki (POL) 5. Alexis Verhaeghe (FRA)
- Miro Sihvonen (FIN) 6. Tomass Sileika (LAT)
- Alexis Verhaeghe (FRA) 7. Martin Krc (CZE)
- Tomass Sileika (LAT) 8. Michael Sander (AUT)
- Michael Sander (AUT) 9. Morgan Lesiardo (ITA)
- Jan Pancar (SLO) 10. Volodymr Tarasov (UKR)
In the 85cc class France had all eyes on qualifcation winner, Pierre Cantournet to see if he could replicate his result from the previous day. Unfortunately due to bad starts and a DNF, it just wasn’t meant to be. However, another Frenchman did win the overall as Tom Guyon went 2-1 to win the overall. The talented Petr Polak just missed out on the overall but can be happy with the way he rode.
It was a better day for Italian, Emilo Scuteri as he finished two solid moto’s in fourth position to help Italy win the event!
Moto 1 Moto 2
- Petr Polak (CZE) 1. Tom Guyon (FRA)
- Tom Guyon (FRA) 2. Petr Polak (CZE)
- Anton Nagy (SWE) 3. Anton Nagy (SWE)
- Emilio Scuteri (ITA) 4. Emilio Scuteri (ITA)
- Pierre Cantournet (FRA) 5. Aleksi Kurvinen (FIN)
Article: Andy McKinstry