British AX RD1: Qualifying Results!
The 2017 Arenacross Tour is well and truly underway with this morning’s Pro qualifying dominated by Suzuki-mounted riders, in the hands of Thomas Ramette and his SR75 World Suzuki team-mate Cyrille Coulon. The RFX St Blazey MX pairing of Cedric Soubeyras and Angelo Pellegrini, also riding Suzuki, were close behind in third and fourth.
I-Fly JK Yamaha’s new signing Yannis Irsuti posted the fastest time to take the overall in the Pro Lites whilst, in the first actual races of the year, Ben Clayton charged his Honda to the SuperMini race one win and the youngest Team Green Kawasaki squad member, Ben Mustoe, cleaned up in the Youth 65cc class.
There’s still all to play for though, as well as plenty of points-scoring opportunities, when the gate drops on this evening’s programme and, in traditional AX fashion, anything could happen.
A few tickets are available directly from the Arena via the box office on 0844 847 8000, or get there early and buy on the door. Doors open at 6.30, with the Show starting at 7.30pm
1. Thomas Ramette, SR75 World Suzuki, 23.343
2. Cyrille Coulon, SR75 World Suzuki, 23.394
3. Cedric Soubeyras, RFX St Blazey MX, 23.650
4. Angello Pellegrini, RFX St Blazey MX, 23.848
5. Adrien Escoffier, MVR-D Husqvarna, 23.961
6. Sullivan Jaulin, KTM, 24.105
7. Florent Richier, Keystone Honda Racing, 24.192
8. Gaetan Le Hir, FRO Systems PAR Elite, 24.282
9. Jay Wilson, I-Fly JK Yamaha, 24.308
10. Jack Brunell, Team Green Kawasaki, 24.321
Pro Lites Qualifying
1. Yannis Irsuti, I-Fly JK Yamaha, 24.767
2. Chris Bayliss, Buildbase Honda Racing, 25.034
3. Joe Clayton, Keystone Honda Racing, 25.077
SuperMini Race 1
1. Ben Clayton, Wheeldon Off Road Centre, 8 laps, 30.04
2. Kacey Hird, Team Green Kawasaki, 8 laps, 29.23
3. Carl Osterman, Fox Head Europe, 8 laps, 30.71
65cc Race 1
1. Ben Mustoe, Team Green Kawasaki, 7 laps, 38.07
2. Ashton Boughen, FRX KTM, 7 laps, 37.70
3. Freddie Bartlett, FRO Systems PAR Elite, 7 laps, 38.10
Visit www.arenacrossuk.com for full results and rider information.