ACU makes changes after Pocock incident
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Font size Print Send
Following events at round one of the Maxxis Championship held a Hilton Park, the ACU held an enquiry at Rugby on Wednesday 25th March.
Chaired by John Collins, the ACU Deputy Chairman, the Board of ACU Events Ltd, members of the ACU’s Motocross Committee met with three team principals and an importer and held a detailed and frank discussion on the events of the day and areas of which caused concern about the conduct of the meeting.
A more detailed report of the meeting will be published shortly but the key resolutions the meeting came up with are:
- Steve McCauley will assume the position of Race Director at Rounds Two and Three of the Championship
- Stuart Drummond will assume the role of Acting Series Manager
- Whilst the Medical Cover provided at Round 1 exceeded the ACU’s minimum requirement, significant improvement to Medical Cover will be implemented shortly.
- Over the next few weeks, ACU Events Ltd and the ACU Motocross Committee and the Series Promotor will be putting together a management structure that will be responsible for each round of the Championship
- Ahead of this enquiry, the ACU Motocross Committee investigated their earlier decision to impose place penalties and conclude that they did not comply with the NSC. As a result, the four penalties issued in the first MX2 race have been rescinded.